Vital Tips For Healthier Meals
Indian cuisines are always at the top when it comes to the list of internationally sought after cuisines. So, if you are searching for Indian restaurants near me, it simply means you are one of the millions of people who like not just savory dishes but healthy ones too. One good thing about Indian cuisines is that they are mostly prepared with natural spices like turmeric, ginger, garlic, coriander, and others. It is up to you whether you want your meal spicy, sweet, light, or rich. However, it is important you know that most of the meals are calorie-heavy and as such, you should learn to place your orders wisely.
In order to ensure that you always eat healthy anytime you opt for Indian meals, here are some tips to help you tick your menu as you order for meals from any of the Indian restaurants near me. They are as follows:
- Skip The Appetizers: Many Indian eateries offer appetizers which range from deep-fried and richly-filled samosas to paneer. These appetizers are known to have very high fat and carbohydrate content. These are very unhealthy and as such, should be avoided as much as possible. There are other healthy ways to get your appetite roaring and this includes eating light lentil soup.
- Choose Your Bread Wisely: Your story of having eaten a traditional Indian meal might not be complete without a taste of any of the locally made bread. However, in order to ensure that you don’t pack up large volumes of calories you don’t really need, you should order for whole-wheat bread like roti from any of the Indian restaurants near me. This way, you satisfy your appetite and taste buds within reasonable calorie level.
- Maximize Your Nutrients Intake: Eating healthy Indian meals is not just about staying off the fats, it also includes ensuring that you maximize the nutrient content of your meal. Eat more of meals cooked with turmeric. This ingredient is known to have several health-boosting properties like anti-cancer, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and others. If there is no hint of yellow coloring, then there is possibly no turmeric in the dish.
- Include Lean Menus: This is where tandoori items come into the picture. Good examples are tandoori shrimps and tandoori chicken. They are made in traditional clay oven known as tandoor. With this method of preparation, the chicken is lean having lost most of its fat content. So, for that low-fat entrée, you know what to ask for from any of the Indian restaurants near me.
- Try Dal And Chole For Vegetarians: Most Indian restaurants cater to every category of customers, including vegetarians. Through its many legume-based dishes, you can be sure of eating to your satisfaction as a vegetarian. The dal dish is made with lentils and very low in oil and butter content. Another dish is the chole which is made with chickpeas. They are good sources of protein and fiber and as such, they fill you up in a healthy way.
These are some of the tips that would help you make healthy choices when you are craving one or more Indian meals. You should also not hesitate to ask questions should you be interested in trying out an unfamiliar cuisine offered by any of the Indian restaurants near me.